GOLDEN TURMERIC PASTE RECIPE
- 1/2 cup turmeric powder (125 mls) – Use organic powder.
- 1 cup water (250 mls)
- 1/2 cup water extra, if needed (125 mls)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper (7.5 mls) – You need this as turmeric is absorbed poorly in body. Piperine present within black pepper helps in its absorption.
- 70 ml cold pressed Olive, Coconut oil – Adding fats is another way to increase the absorption of turmeric in body. Chose healthy oils such as virgin coconut to virgin olive oil. And use Sunflower or Safflower Oil if you are acne-prone, as both Olive and Coconut Oils can be highly comedogenic if applied to your facial skin.
- Add turmeric to water in a pan. Heat gently and stir for approximately 6-10 minutes. Do this until a thick paste develops.
- If you feel your paste is watery, add some more turmeric if you feel it has become too thick, add some water.
- At the end — add the pepper and oil.
- Keep stirring to ensure that all ingredients are mixed properly.
- Allow it to cool.
- Transfer it into a jar and refrigerate it for continued use. The paste should maintain its integrity for up to 1-2 weeks.